BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee ECF Support Coordinator in Nashville, Tennessee
The BlueCare Tennessee Employment and Community First (ECF) CHOICES program offers employment and community integration supports to BlueCare members with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Primary activities of a Support Coordinator include intake and enrollment assessments, person-centered planning, and ongoing maintenance and monitoring of overall service provision and each member’s well-being. Support Coordinators partner with members and families to identify needed supports and direct services to meet personal goals for good health, employment and independent or community living. Support Coordinators will collaborate with a team of clinical and social support colleagues to meet the physical, behavioral health and long term service needs of each member. This position is field based and requires travel to conduct face-to-face visits with members. Position locations are based on regional needs throughout the state, including urban and rural areas.
This Position requires an 18 month commitment before posting for other internal positions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct face-to-face intake and enrollment visits on new referrals
- Conduct ongoing person-centered planning to determine each member’s personal definition of quality of life.
- Conduct thorough and objective face-to-face visits with and assess each member’s situation to determine current status and needs, including physical, behavioral, functional, psychosocial, financial, and employment and independent living expectations.
- Identify members with the potential for high risk complications including physical and behavioral health, and coordinate the appropriate support in conjunction with the member and support coordination team.
- Utilize criteria for authorizing appropriate home and community based services, obtain authorization for those services, and confirm those services are being provided and that members’ needs are being met.
- Management of critical transitions, such as hospital discharge planning, changing service providers, moving, etc.
- Monitor service provision for appropriateness and adequacy
- Serve as a point of contact for coordination of all physical health, behavioral health, home and community based services and employment and independent/community living services.
- Maintain appropriate and ongoing communications and collaborations with members and their families as well as service providers, physicians and health team members.
- Provide assistance in resolving concerns about service delivery or providers.
- Coordinate with member’s primary care provider, specialists, and other providers and care programs to ensure comprehensive, holistic, person-centered approach to care.
- Routinely assess and monitor member’s status, needs, and progress.
- Establish working relations with families, referral sources, community resources, and support providers.
- RN, with a preference that such individuals also have current Certification from the Developmental Disabilities Nurses Association as a Certified Developmental Disabilities Nurse (CDDN) for RNs or a Developmental Disabilities Nurse (DDC) for LPNs, as applicable; or
- Have a bachelor’s degree in social work, nursing, education or other human service (e.g. psychology, sociology) or health care profession or other related field; or
- Meet the federal requirements for a Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional (QDDP) or Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP); or
- In lieu of a degree, have five (5) or more years’ experience as an independent Support Coordinator or case manager for service recipients in a 1915(c) HCBS Waiver and have completed Personal Outcome Measures Introduction and Assessment Workshop trainings as established by the Council on Quality and Leadership.
- 2 years’ experience working in healthcare and/or with vulnerable populations required
- Experience with case management duties preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability
- Exceptional skills of independence, organization, communication, problem-solving, professional interaction, and human relation skills, as well as analytical skills required.
- Ability to work within specified timeframe requirements.
- Ability to learn and work in proprietary software programs
- Valid Driver’s License
- Various immunizations and/or associated medical tests may be required for this position.
Effective 11/1/16: Employees who are required to drive his or her personal vehicle or a rental vehicle on a routine basis* will be automatically enrolled into the BCBST Driver Safety Program. The employee will also be required to adhere to the guidelines set forth through the program. This includes, maintaining a valid driver’s license, auto insurance compliance with minimum liability requirements; as defined in the “Use of Non BCBST-Owned Vehicle” Policy; and maintaining an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR).
*The definition for "routine basis" is defined as daily, weekly or at regularly schedule times.
Job Specific Requirements:
Number of Openings Available:
VSHP Volunteer State Health Plan, Inc
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.