BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee BH Peer Support Specialist in Memphis, Tennessee
This position is responsible for developing and implementing on-going outreach efforts that encourage participation in the plan, by eligible BlueCare plan members and supporting providers to render appropriate services. This position supports members using face- to-face, virtual and telephonic contacts to encourage members to engage in recovery activities utilizing recognized peer support principles and tools including recovery coaching, WRAP development and engagement in a recovery community.
- Provides advocacy, education and recovery support to members identified for individual outreach by care management staff by assisting in navigation of the BH service delivery system and connection with peer support services in the community.
- Serves as a member of BCT care management team and participates in care team meetings as appropriate. Completes documentation on individuals according to approved workflows.Promotes the utilization of Certified Peer Recovery Services in the community through education of internal and external stakeholders via professional organization activities, advocacy organization meetings and events that support the mission and strategy of BlueCare.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders regarding development of policy and procedures, educational materials, and community resource materials to reduce misconceptions, prejudices and discrimination associated with behavioral health conditions and provide internal promotion of resiliency and recovery-oriented practices.
- Provides education and recovery support to members identified for individual outreach by care management staff. Serves as a member of BCT care management team and participates in care team meetings as appropriate. Completes documentation on individuals according to approved workflows.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelors degree in business or healthcare or relevant field required.
- 3 years - Experience in developing, planning and implementing, comprehensive prevention, education and outreach initiatives.
- Certified Peer Specialist or Family Support Specialist
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles and accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of learning needs assessments and analysis, training design, learning strategies and learning management technologies
Job Specific Requirements:
Preference will be given to candidates who are Bi-Lingual (Spanish)
Employees who are required to operate either a BCBST-owned vehicle or a personal or rental vehicle for company business on a routine basis* will be automatically enrolled into the BCBST Driver Safety Program. The employee will also be required to adhere to the guidelines set forth through the program. This includes, maintaining a valid driver’s license, auto insurance compliance with minimum liability requirements; as defined in the “Use of Non BCBST-Owned Vehicle” Policy (for employees driving personal or rental vehicles only); and maintaining an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR).
*The definition for "routine basis" is defined as daily, weekly or at regularly schedule times.
Number of Openings Available:
VSHP Volunteer State Health Plan, Inc
Applying for this job indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of the following statement:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Further information regarding BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices may be found by reviewing the following page:
BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices (https://www.bcbst.com/docs/equal-employment-opportunity.pdf)
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.