BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Strategic Planning Manager in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Manages the planning processes related to the Enterprise Spend; provides insight on expense controls necessary to meet short & long term planning goals.
- Producing thorough, accurate and timely financial management reports for the organization.
- Supporting the annual planning process including analysis and review of financial information and its impact on the business.
- Preparing, maintaining, summarizing, and analyzing enterprise level financial models used for annual & long-range business plans and budgeted expenditures from the companys corporate budget process.
- Overseeing and evaluating the activities of financial staff responsible for supporting planning and financial transactions.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years - Experience in accounting, finance or project analysis required
- Proficient in MicroSoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects related to operational workflow
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of financial and accounting theory
Job Specific Requirements:
Additional Preferred Qualities:
Financial analysis experience preferred.
CPA and/or FPAC preferred.
Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Experience with IBM Planning Analytics a plus
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
Applying for this job indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of the following statement:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Further information regarding BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices may be found by reviewing the following page:
BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices (https://www.bcbst.com/docs/equal-employment-opportunity.pdf)
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.