BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Reporting Solutions Consultant II - ETL/DataStage in Chattanooga, Tennessee
The Reporting Solutions Consultant is responsible for preliminary report and database design and development to support business reporting needs. This position provides leadership in areas of specific technical knowledge with significant experience in a single complex development environment or across multiple platforms. The Reporting Solutions Consultant will strategically partner with others in the organization to deliver strategies and business functionality related to integrated report delivery and enhancements. This position demonstrates an advanced level of understanding and application of general systems concepts and their integration with business problem resolution and provides technical team leadership for the design and development roles.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Define requirements, analyze, design, enhance, and develop reporting methods to efficiently and effectively fulfill corporate initiatives and planning/development objectives
- Assist in determining data requirements and MetaData definitions in the data warehouse environment
- Effectively administer reporting solutions in a rapid application development environment ensuring short term proof of concepts meet long term objectives
- Expert on one or more development environments or programming languages
- Liaison with multiple business stakeholders and information systems partners involving complex problem solving is a significant element of work
- Maintain technical skill sets across a broad range of software languages, databases and platforms that will bused in the development and production of analyses and reporting solutions.
- Provides significant input to establishment of reporting protocols, tools, and systems development and enhancement
- Documents and coordinates complex, cross functional analytic and reporting solution test plans
- Accountable for effectiveness, quality, and timeliness of project analysis and programming decisions and ease of implementation
- Participate in vendor evaluation and selection processes
- Assist with the architectural design of in-house developed reporting databases
- BA or BS in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or related field or equivalent work experience required. (Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested).
- 5+ years of reporting development and/or programming experience required
- In-depth knowledge of systems development life cycle and/or operational maintenance environment.
- 5 years experience with SAS, SQL, or comparable programming language required.
- Must have proven analytical, design, and coding skills and have demonstrated success in leading medium to large size projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficient facilitation/presentation skills are required.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft products.
Position Specific Requirements - Provider Analytics and Partner Solutions
- Will be working with providers and other external 3rd parties to gather external clinical data.
- This position will translate between the business needs and the technical team needs.
Job Specific Requirements:
Position Specific Preferred Qualifications:
Experience with data modeling and writing stored procedures.
Working experience with ETL/DataStage and SQL
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.