BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee QA Lead in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Effective 11/1/16: Employees who are required to drive his or her personal vehicle or a rental vehicle on a routine basis* will be automatically enrolled into the BCBST Driver Safety Program. The employee will also be required to adhere to the guidelines set forth through the program. This includes, maintaining a valid driver’s license, auto insurance compliance with minimum liability requirements; as defined in the “Use of Non BCBST-Owned Vehicle” Policy; and maintaining an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR).
*The definition for "routine basis" is defined as daily, weekly or at regularly schedule times.
This position provides oversight of their assigned unit’s daily operations as well as managing the activities of the various IT personnel within the unit. This includes making decisions on personnel actions, operating within the unit’s budget and meeting budget goals, resource management, planning and coordination of work, managing performance, and cultivating the capabilities of their staff. Team Leads may serve as a consultant for the management team on technology recommendations to support short and long-term corporate objectives
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides subject matter direction and guidance to lower level staff
- Trains, develops, and mentors staff
- Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work
- Provides staff management oversight including hiring, promoting, or making recommendations for staff
- Conducts performance reviews and assessments, manages performance
- Engages in skills assessment and promotes professional development of staff
- Assigns tasks, schedules work, and establishes priorities to maximize appropriate use of resources
- Adheres to Departmental budgeting and fiscal responsibilities
- Oversees process for recording hours
- Optimizes the utilization of resource by applying appropriate concepts, technologies and workflows
- Provides deep expertise in assigning and overseeing work of staff
- Visualizes, articulates, and solves moderately complex problems/issues
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization
- Connects strategy to employee’s job responsibility
- Participates, as necessary, in training and development to remain current in field(s) of expertise
- Actively participates in project teams
- Manages and tracks project details
- Promotes continuous improvement of processes and delivery of results within assigned unit.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and industry standards, policies, procedures, and regulations
- Provides leadership during periods of transition as the organization changes to respond to business opportunities and challenges, new technologies, legislation, and other environmental factors
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience is required. (Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested).
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in technology domain(s) specified in job posting
- Knowledge of information technology concepts, methodology, terminology and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple assignments and associated resources
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical and/or complex concepts into information meaningful to team members and/or business personnel
- Experience in the health insurance industry preferred
- Proficient knowledge of end-user personal computing skills
- Proficient PC skills and knowledge on files and folders
- Working knowledge of reporting software
- Excellent communication skills in technical and non-technical forums
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage employees and interact appropriately with senior management, internal clients, and external customers
- Proficient analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Ability to adapt to change, multi-task, meet multiple deadlines, collaborate, lead others, work on a regular and timely basis and work irregular hours, holidays, and weekends
- Knowledge of BCBST’s basic business operations is preferred
- Proven skill with information technology in use at BCBST is required.
Job Specific Requirements:
Position Specific Qualifications:
5+ years’ experience in QA and knowledgeable of Test strategies (Test plan, Test Requirements, Create & Execution of Test Cases)
3+ years’ experience in HPALM, RTC, etc.
Demonstrable experience in QA Metrics creation and tracking
Prior experience in leveraging Regression Test Automation and Performance testing in a QA engagement
Strong Communication skills with development, business partners and leadership with evangelizing QA roadmap
Experience with Business Requirements validation
Experience with Environment and Test Data Management
Experience with testing of Artificial Intelligence systems or leveraging Artificial Intelligence for QA validation
Experience with leading and mentoring QA team members with projects and associated distribution of tasks
Experience with leading and mentoring development and business areas in Test Governance
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.