BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Manager, IT Service Management in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Manages the IT Service Management program and is responsible for the creation, performance, and reporting of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library)-based services adopted by the organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads IT Service Management in design and strategy, roadmap development and execution, utilizing best practices and industry standard frameworks.
- Works with cross-functional IS teams to to design, improve, integrate, and implement IT Service Management processes; monitors and utilizes metrics to assess IT service performance against targets.
- Works with various IS areas to ensure IT Service Management process requirements are successfully delivered and optimized for usability within IT Service Management tools.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to IT Service Management team and fosters a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in computer Science, information technology, or business administration or related field or equivalent work experience. Equivalent years of experience are defined as 4 years of professional experience.
- 7 years of experience in IT Service Management in a similar size or larger organization required
- 3 years of hands-on management experience leading and developing employees required
- 2 years of experience as an ITIL process owner required
- Proven experience in maturing an IT Service Management program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to collaborate with different audiences representing various ITIL disciplines
- Process-oriented; analytical, quality-oriented thought process and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex and technical issues to a diverse audience with clarity and conciseness
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with driving optimal results through data-driven decision making
- Strong vendor management practices and partner relationship building skills
Job Specific Requirements:
Demonstrated experience establishing and maturing configuration management capability is preferred.
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.