BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Information Systems Auditor in Chattanooga, Tennessee
This position’s primary responsibilities are to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls for the company’s Information Systems processing activities; review compliance with significant contractual obligations and government regulations; participate in system development and project teams; and assist both internal and external auditors as needed for completion of their audit work. In addition, the position will be required to work with management to develop solutions to address audit issues identified during audit work.
- Performs audits and special reviews of information systems and processes, including analysis of the controls of systems/processes under review and determining the adequacy of the controls in achieving established control objectives.
- Determines objective, scope and audit strategy to be applied for assigned audits.
- Works with operations management and staff to identify internal control, operational, compliance and financial audit issues (collectively known as “audit issues”) and to develop recommendations to address audit issues.
- Communicates with Company staff and management through pre-audit entrance conferences, post field work exit conferences, and written reports that discuss audit issues identified along with agreed action plans to address the issues.
- Continually evaluates operations to determine the best use of Internal Audit resources.
- Continually updates skills and knowledge through day-to-day work, research, and continuing education and training.
- BS degree in Management Information Systems or demonstrated equivalent experience / knowledge.
- 2 years experience in either IS or Audit required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable effective communication with staff up to senior executives.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- CISA is preferred. Continued strong desire to obtain additional credential(s) is favored. There may be additions, deletions and modifications to the qualifications and functions of this job from time to time.
- Employees must perform all duties assigned to them by management.
Job Specific Requirements:
Job Specific Qualifications:
Data Analytics experience is preferred
Corporate documentation experience with Finance/Information Technology Systems is preferred
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.