BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Graphic Designer in Chattanooga, Tennessee
The Designer will focus on creative conceptualization, development and delivery of visual communications and materials across traditional and digital media. The Designer will immerse themselves in company culture, brands and industry to ensure design excellence and brand consistency. Using a clean, modern and engaging design sensibility, the Designer will work closely with other members of the team to create visual designs that effectively illustrate new ideas and approaches for a variety of projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Creative conceptualization
- Design execution of projects across all levels of complexity
- Development of design templates to establish standard formats for presentations, reports, brochures and other materials
- Development of identity and design for the corporate intranet and other digital employee communications
- Writing and understanding standards-compliant HTML/CSS code for use in html emails, websites, email newsletters and online digital publications
- Creating illustrations and infographics
- Art directing photo shoots and video projects
- Development of motion graphics for video projects
- Selecting and manipulating photography and images
- Staying abreast of new trends, techniques and best practices in visual communication, design and technology
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures as well as corporate brand standards, BCBSA, and/or Postal regulations as applicable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 4 years of current, progressively responsible design experience is required
- Agency, corporate, or consumer/retail design experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability
- Ability to understand and apply outcomes-based communication strategies to all design projects
- Proficient knowledge of the Macintosh OS, and the current version of the Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver HTML, and XML.
- Expertise in applying modern graphic design principles to both traditional and digital media
- Professional attitude and the ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to internal clients
Job Specific Requirements:
Public Relations and Video Production Experience is highly preferred.
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.