BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Diversity Consultant in Chattanooga, Tennessee
This position will partner with the Corporate Diversity team and support other internal stakeholders to provide planning, coordination and oversight for various programs and special projects with a focus on building a culturally competent workforce that enables an inclusive culture.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of the Board of Directors committee materials, diversity education and training manuals, culture awareness programs and other enterprise initiatives as directed.
- Monitors workforce analytics such as applicants, new hires, terminations, transfers and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity initiatives.
- Analyzes data to conduct benchmarking assessments, compile competitive and marketplace research for “best in class” industry survey submissions
- Assist in major enterprise initiatives that focus on building a stronger, targeted and aligned collaboration with external partners to increase community health partnerships and engagement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in Diversity and Inclusion
- Knowledge of core diversity, inclusion concepts and cultural competencies
- Knowledge of Employee Relations, EEO/AAP legislation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability
- Ability to guide, facilitate change and is a thought leader
Job Specific Requirements:
Specific experience in diversity including: event planning and coordination, data analysis and research, is highly preferred.
Diversity and inclusion project leadership preferred.
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.