BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Director, Infrastructure Architecture & Engineering Services in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Develops the Infrastructure architecture vision and strategic direction and provides senior leadership of the infrastructure engineering function to support current and future business capabilities and optimal utilization of resources.
- Drives a service-oriented approach to infrastructure design and strategy and roadmap development and execution; ensures its integration with the broader IS and enterprise operating plans.
- Leverages influencing and negotiations skills internally and externally to enable delivery of cost-effective and innovative shared solutions that achieve desired business outcomes.
- Leads infrastructure engineering's involvement in IS organization's innovation efforts and provides direction on what emerging infrastructure technologies should be introduced to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Provides the leadership and environment necessary for building high performing work teams that collaborate with enterprise stakeholders including developing and overseeing the performance of the management team and key staff.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 10 years of experience in IT
- 5 years of progressive leadership responsibilities
- Proven experience leading IT infrastructure engineering and architecture teams providing mission critical infrastructure services at a large organization
- Proven experience in both planning and successful execution roles in enterprise infrastructure environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to collaborate with different audiences representing various technical disciplines
- Deep understanding of current and emerging infrastructure technologies and how enterprises are employing them
- Strong vendor management practices and partner relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex and technical issues to a diverse audience with clarity and conciseness
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with driving optimal results through data-driven decision making
Job Specific Requirements:
- Leads team of 70 high level individual contributors and four manager direct reports for Platform, Communications, End-User and Enterprise Tools engineering services
- Must have managed budget and vendor relationships in excess of $10 million annually
- Past experience developing an infrastructure architecture practice is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with ITIL
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.