BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Cyber Security Engineer in Chattanooga, Tennessee
The Cyber Security Engineer assists in increasing the level of integrity, confidentiality and availability of corporate information assets. As a result of these activities, management can be assured information assets are both protected and managed and users are held accountable for their actions on the various systems at BCBST. A Cyber Security Engineer strives to enforce security best practices, policies, standards and guidance to ensure the safeguard of BCBST’s proprietary data, physical infrastructure and resources from internal and external threats. Develop and maintain relationships throughout the organization to assist Information Security in accomplishing its goals for the enterprise.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Core security technology Implementation
- Consulting with project teams and BCBST employees regarding corporate leading practices
- Application and platform security design and integration with core security technology
- Incident and problem resolution
- Capacity, Performance, Availability, and System management of core security technologies
- Process development/improvement
- Cybersecurity engineering subject matter expert for ISS and enterprise projects
- Identity and access control systems management
- Threat, vulnerability, and risk management
- Web services security configuration and integration
- LDAP and PKI system design and administration
- Develop Security systems engineering and architecture methodologies and standards
- Relational database security configuration
- Operating system security configuration standards development
- MAR/SOC1/SOC2/PCI compliance activities
- System automation and connections through multiple applications/systems
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field or equivalent work experience is required. Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an information security engineer or in related field required
- Able to encourage and promote cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills;ability to develop creative solutions in a changing environment are required. Organizational skills are required with the ability to oversee multiple projects and priorities required.
- Must have demonstrated success in leading large projects or multiple concurrent medium to large projects required.
- Written and oral communication skills are required to communicate technical concepts in individual, group and large audience settings required
- Ability to Lead projects and produce run-book documentation, including procedures and job-aids required
- CISSP, CSSLP, GIAC-GWEB or similar certifications preferred
Job Specific Requirements:
Administering and patching Windows Servers is highly preferred
Administering and patching Linux Servers is highly desired
Scripting tasks on Linux or Windows platforms highly preferred
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.