BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Business Research Analyst I in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Gathers and evaluates information relevant to a given topic; presents conclusions and alternatives in the context of business goals.
- Building spreadsheets, writing descriptive summaries of gathered data, organizing and prioritizing research for further review by senior managers or clients.
- Implementing, applying and testing empirically based research models for use in areas such as marketing research, sales, and other relevant disciplines as directed.
- Responding to requests from various business partners on investigational modeling and research studies.
- Evaluating and testing new models, recommending and implementing revisions to improve model performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent work experience is defined as 4 years professional work experience.
- 3 years’ experience in reporting environment or similar area required.
- 1 year experience in data extraction tool(s) (i.e., SAS, SQL, Cognos, etc.) required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Must have the ability to work within tight deadlines and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability.
Job Specific Requirements:
Workday Financial experience preferred.
Claims processing and research experience preferred.
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotineand/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.